Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KennyThunder

Help with DAX/Filter Context

Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help me with what I imagine to be the opposite of the 'IN' function. Let me provide some backstory as to what I'm trying to do...

I'm currently using the xViz Multiple Axis Chart so I can show a few different measures in a chart format. One such example is my 'Gross Obligation running total for Fiscal Year 21'. All of my current and prior fiscal data is appended into 1 query which meant the only way (as far as I could figure out) I could show prior year running totals, without filtering out current year on my tables/matrix was to use the 'filtered value quick measure'. This measure works great and since that entire FY is closed, I have data showing for all the correct months (our FY is October - September). This allows me to have an 'area' style axis showing prior year data, so I can easily compare it to current year.

Now, onto my issue. My unfiltered 'Gross obligation running total' is what I'm currently using to show my running total as the months go by. The only problem with this, it shows data for months that haven't happened yet because 'technically' there is a gross obligation for November, as it would be showing whatever October currently is + whatever eventually happens in November. As a result I now have Gross obligation showing on my chart in each month at $500 (just an example figure), but I want all the months that haven't happend yet to show as $0.

I've attached 2 pictures. One of how I am currently working my data (ignoring the months that haven't happened yet), and the other of what happens when I filter out 'GrObl IS NOT 0'.UNFILTEREDUNFILTEREDFILTEREDFILTERED

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@KennyThunder 

You may use Performance Analyzer to check query and learn https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/capturing-power-bi-queries-using-dax-studio/.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors