Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GracieLeeMonroe
Frequent Visitor

Help needed with COUNTIF in DAX

All

Problem: 

I need to allocate the discount to invoice line items, but there are cases when the discount is credited in separate credit memo and has only one invoice line as a result. Then I need to make sure that those lines will be summarized in my column called "AdjustedAmountInvoiceLineItem" using countif function. I tried several DAX commands like COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTROWS in combination with FILTER, ALL, ALLEXCEPT to no avail so far. 

DiscountinvoiceNumberserviceMonthSum of TotalAllocatedDiscountperInvoiceLine

AdjustedAmountInvoiceLineItem

-6601234504/2021-6600

-4001247805/20214000-200

-2001247805/20212000-50

Right now, the value in the last column is zero, but should be -660 EUR.

So this is my current DAX Command:

AdjustedAmountInvoiceLineItem = IF(AND(Table1[Discount]="Discount", Calculate(COUNT,ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[invoiceNumber], Table1[serviceMonth])>1)),0,Table1[Sum of Total]+Table1[AllocatedDiscountPerInvoiceLine])

But I get this error message:

The syntax for ',' is incorrect. (DAX(IF(AND(Table1[Discount]="Discount",Calculate(COUNT,ALLEXCEPT(Table1[invoiceNumber], Table1[serviceMonth])>1)),0,Table1[Sum of Total]+Table1[AllocatedDiscountPerInvoiceLine]))).

I cannot see the error and I am not sure if this is the correct DAX command at all. 

I appreciate all the help!

Thanks!

GracieLee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GracieLeeMonroe
Frequent Visitor

All, 

found it, here is the DAX Command I used:

IF(AND(Table1[Discount]="Discount", Calculate(COUNTROWS(Table1),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[serviceMonth],Table1[invoiceNumber]))>1),0, Table1[Sum of Total]+Table1[AllocatedDiscountPerInvoiceLine])

Have a great day!

Regards

GracieLee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GracieLeeMonroe 

Noticed that you have resolved this issue by yourself. Could  you please kindly mark your solution to help the other members find it more quickly? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

GracieLeeMonroe
Frequent Visitor

All, 

found it, here is the DAX Command I used:

IF(AND(Table1[Discount]="Discount", Calculate(COUNTROWS(Table1),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[serviceMonth],Table1[invoiceNumber]))>1),0, Table1[Sum of Total]+Table1[AllocatedDiscountPerInvoiceLine])

Have a great day!

Regards

GracieLee

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors