Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrewjones11
Regular Visitor

Help - conditions on a column

Hi,

Is is possible to apply the following logic to a new column?

If task set = "Quick Quote" and contains a value for "Opportunity Ref", include this in a funnel visual when I've filtered a slicer to "Specified Opportunity" (specified opportunity is also a task set).

Values:

Opportunity RefTask SetQuote Number
TEST180121Quick Quote1
test1234Quick Quote2
test8520Quick Quote3
test4332Quick Quote4

I would like the above values to show in a funnel visual along with those with task set Specified Opportunity. Any Quick Quotes that do not have an Opportunity Ref cannot show in the funnel.

Hope this makes sense, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

There isn't really need to make DAX for this since BLANK values and certain Task sets can be filtered in visuals:

Example:

ValtteriN_0-1642512288738.png

End result (note the filters on visual):

ValtteriN_1-1642513082586.png

However, if you insist on dax you can create a calculated column or filter measure and use that for filtering. E.g.

Filter column = IF('Example (2)'[Task Set]="Quick Quote"&&'Example (2)'[Opportunity Ref]<>BLANK(),1,0)

ValtteriN_2-1642513240987.png

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

Have you followed the DAX formula and method posted by ValtteriN to find the solution to your problem?

If so, would you like to mark his reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

There isn't really need to make DAX for this since BLANK values and certain Task sets can be filtered in visuals:

Example:

ValtteriN_0-1642512288738.png

End result (note the filters on visual):

ValtteriN_1-1642513082586.png

However, if you insist on dax you can create a calculated column or filter measure and use that for filtering. E.g.

Filter column = IF('Example (2)'[Task Set]="Quick Quote"&&'Example (2)'[Opportunity Ref]<>BLANK(),1,0)

ValtteriN_2-1642513240987.png

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @andrewjones11 

Can you share a sample file with 15-20 line item and expected result?

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors