Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cdawidow
Helper III
Helper III

Group customers by measure values

Hi guys, I have 2 factors gm and sales rank, and I want to group my customer sinto groups based on these factors but when I am using IF statements, I do not get the results I expect.  I want to use these groupings to be part of my legend field in a scatter plot chart.  Here is my info.  problems.PNG

The formula I have been using is simply, IF( sales rank && gm rank >=868,"core","drain", etc... but I am not getting the right customers grouped together.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't group customers by measure values. Grouping can only be done via dimensions. If you have a measure that for each customer ALWAYS returns the same value regardless of other selections, then you put this measure's value into a column in the Customer table and then group by it. But if your grouping is dynamic, then you can't do it. Measures cannot be used in legends.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors