Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomBLG
Helper I
Helper I

Graph Last 12 Weeks based on Week Slicer selection

Hi everyone,

I currently have a report showing a Weekly table of data and upon clicking on each KPI entry, it populates a graph with Hourly values.

TomBLG_0-1649694760999.png

This is possible thanks to the following measure as the main table is an unpivotted, curated, version of the tables in the model:

KPI Selection = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 1", SUM('Hourly'[Metric1]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 2", SUM('Hourly'[Metric2]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 3", SUM('Hourly'[Metric3]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 4", SUM('Hourly'[Metric4]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 5", SUM('Hourly'[Metric5]),
    BLANK ()
)

To this report, I would like to add the following:

1 - A similar area graph of Hourly data for the last 12 weeks based off the YearWeek slicer (2016 data points, 168 * 12)

2 - Bar graph of Daily data for the last 12 weeks based off the YearWeek slicer (84 data points, 7 * 12)

3 - Bar graph of Weekly data for the last 12 weeks based off YearWeek slicer (12 data points)

Here's a Dummy pbix file with the data model replicated as best as possible.

I've had a thread open on this a long time ago, nearly solved it, and was left on my backlog ever since.

Here's a list of measures I've tried and believe might have gotten close to what I needed:

12Weeks =
VAR ReferenceDate = MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
VAR StartDate = DATESINPERIOD ('Calendar'[Date], ReferenceDate, -84, DAY)

VAR Result =
CALCULATE(
[KPI Selection],
REMOVEFILTERS( 'Calendar' ),
KEEPFILTERS( StartDate )
)
RETURN
Result
12Weeks.2 = 
VAR ReferenceDate = CALCULATE( MAX ( 'Daily'[Daily] ), 'Daily'[YearWeek]=SELECTEDVALUE(ISO50001[YearWeek]))
VAR Result = 
CALCULATE([KPI Selection]),DATESINPERIOD('Daily'[Daily],LASTDATE('Daily'[Daily] ) ,-84,day)) 

RETURN
Result 
L12W  = CALCULATE([KPI Selection]),REMOVEFILTERS('Calendar'),
KEEPFILTERS(DATESINPERIOD('Calendar'[Date],LASTDATE('Calendar'[Date]),-84,day)), USERELATIONSHIP(Weekly[YearWeek],KPI_Table[YearWeek]))

Lastly, this is how the "Metric1" graphs should look like if YearWeek 2152 is selected:

TomBLG_1-1649696905503.png

Thank you in advance for taking some time to look into this,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TomBLG , Based on what I got

if you select a date and want to display more than that, you need independent date table

//Date1 is independent Date table, Date is joined with Table
new measure =
var _max = maxx(allselected(Date1),Date1[Date])
var _min = _max -84 
return
calculate( sum(Table[Value]), filter('Date', 'Date'[Date] >=_min && 'Date'[Date] <=_max))

Also, check

Power BI — Week on Week and WTD
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-wtd-questions-time-intelligence-4-5-98c30fab69d3
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Week-Is-Not-So-Weak-WTD-Last-WTD-and-This-Week-vs-La...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAesWxYgJ8

Hi @amitchandak,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the solution I need with your measure nor with the links provided. Despite the new Date1 table (which I named Calendar1), it will still display just the week selected:

TomBLG_0-1649840001071.png

Another matter is the fact that this is only displaying properly on the area charts. For a bar chart, it will display all Metrics and instead highlight just the selected one, rather than simply showing the selected metric.

I suspect that rather than doing this:

new measure = 
var _max = maxx(allselected(Calendar1),Calendar1[Date])
var _min = _max -84 
return
calculate( [KPI Selection], filter('Calendar', 'Calendar'[Date] >=_min && 'Calendar'[Date] <=_max))

I need to somehow integrate this measure in that one instead of calling [KPI Selection] in the calculate:

KPI Selection = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 1", SUM('Hourly'[Metric1]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 2", SUM('Hourly'[Metric2]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 3", SUM('Hourly'[Metric3]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 4", SUM('Hourly'[Metric4]),
    VALUES('KPI_Table'[KPI]) = "Metric 5", SUM('Hourly'[Metric5]),
    BLANK ()
)

If you see where the problem is and could change and send the pbix file back I would appreciate it immensely:

Power BI File

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors