Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the wait time between times in different status and ids in the same column

Hey!!

How're  you doing?

I'm creating a BI to analise some stuff, but i'm having some issues manipulating time values.

The data was gettered from mongoDB in a connection with R and, with that all the data came in one, i mean, all de status and its updates came with it's respective time, so i can't calculate between columns for, as all the datatimes lies on the same column, and the power bi won't let me use simple "Datediff" ou calculate just with the column, when it asks for a previews operation like max('status'[datetime]), what i think would just give me the last data.

My objective is to adquire the time beetween a change of status for each id on the table, or at least it's maximum and it's mean values.

Here's a exemple of what i'm talking about:

IdStatusDatetime
5ff34563ebaa650023799723ENTER_QUEUE04-01-2021 16:42:11
5ff34566ebaa650023799725IN_ATTEND04-01-2021 16:42:14
5ff3457bebaa65002379972aFINISH_ATTEND04-01-2021 16:42:36
5ff3456eebaa650023799727ENTER_QUEUE04-01-2021 16:42:23

I've tried to do many thing with that but it's getting weird to do, like i did a table for each status and then merged it's times to compare, and it's the closest I got to what I need. 

Sorry if it's too basic or not a proper topic to discuss, but i'm kind of new on power bi.

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous See my article on Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) which uses EARLIER: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Mean-Time-Between-Failure-MTBF-and-Power-BI/ba-p/339586.
The basic pattern is:
Column = 
  VAR __Current = [Value]
  VAR __PreviousDate = MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date] < EARLIER('Table'[Date])),[Date])

VAR __Previous = MAXX(FILTER('Table',[Date]=__PreviousDate),[Value])
RETURN
  __Current - __Previous

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors