Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Imthedan
Helper II
Helper II

Getting a rolling average based on total vs. total days?

Hello,

I am trying to get a simple average that is based on how many days have been ran in my time period. I'd want to get 177 divided by 4 (since there have been four Fridays). Since five total Wednesday's have been ran, I'd want to get the total of Wednesday divided by 5. 

I need this to be a rolling average as well, so it updates based on the calendar updating. 

Thank you for your help!

Imthedan_0-1623953567765.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Imthedan , Isincope should help

assume you have measure then try like

Sub Total= calculate(averagex(values(Date[Date]),[measure]) ,filter(allselected(Date), Date[Day Name] = max(Date[Day Name])))

FInal measure = if(isinscope(Date[Day Name]) && not(isinscope(Date[Date])), [Sub Total], [Measure])

I put in the code and got an error saying the filter function passed too few arguments. 

Here is the code I used: 

Sub Total = CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(VALUES(LU_Calendar[Date]),[Total_Test]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(LU_Calendar[Date],LU_Calendar[Day Name] = MAX(LU_Calendar[Day Name]))))

Do you see the issue?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors