Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get values from measures of different tables into one

Hello Everyone,

It's always a pleasure to ask a question to the community and I can't achieve to solve my issue, so i thought someone could help me out. 

Here is my issue : 

I have 7 different tables that have relationship with a referential table (so it's a total of 8 tables).

For each of these 7 tables I build a measure that is dedicated to the table which shape is :

TrimMixValue:= 

var ref_cycle = SELECTEDVALUE(Referenced_cycle[Cycle])
var ref_period = ALLSELECTED(Referenced_cycle[Month_Year])

var obs_cycle = SELECTEDVALUE(Observed_cycle[Cycle])
var obs_period = ALLSELECTED(Observed_cycle[Month_Year])

var co2_ref = CALCULATE(SUM(TrimMix[AMOUNT_CO2]);FILTER(TrimMix; TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Cycle] = ref_cycle && TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Month_Year] in ref_period))
var vol_ref = CALCULATE(SUM(TrimMix[Vol_sales]);FILTER(TrimMix; TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Cycle] = ref_cycle && TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Month_Year] in ref_period))

var avg_ref = DIVIDE(co2_ref ; vol_ref)
var vol_obs =CALCULATE(SUM(TrimMix[Vol_sales]);FILTER(TrimMix; TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Cycle] =obs_cycle && TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Month_Year] in obs_period))

var table_obs = SELECTCOLUMNS(
                FILTER(TrimMix; TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Cycle] = obs_cycle && TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Month_Year] in obs_period )
                ;"Trim_level";TrimMix[LCDV14_Code_Programming_GLP_Trim_level]; "MT_CO2_OBS1"; TrimMix[AMOUNT_CO2];"Volume_obs1";TrimMix[Vol_sales])

VAR table_obs_2 =GROUPBY (  
table_obs;   
[Trim_level];     
"MT_CO2_OBS_test"; SUMX( CURRENTGROUP(); [MT_CO2_OBS1]);
"Volume_obs_test"; SUMX( CURRENTGROUP(); [Volume_obs1]))

VAR table_obs_3 =  ADDCOLUMNS(table_obs_2; "AVG_CO2_OBS"; DIVIDE([MT_CO2_OBS_test];[Volume_obs_test]);"Mix_obs";DIVIDE([Volume_obs_test];SUMX(table_obs_2;[Volume_obs_test])))

var table_ref = SELECTCOLUMNS(
                FILTER(TrimMix; TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Cycle] = ref_cycle && TrimMix[CO2_RESULT_Month_Year] in ref_period )
                ;"Trim_level";TrimMix[LCDV14_Code_Programming_GLP_Trim_level]; "MT_CO2_REF1"; TrimMix[AMOUNT_CO2];"Volume_ref1";TrimMix[Vol_sales])

VAR table_ref_2 =GROUPBY (  
table_ref;   
[Trim_level];     
"MT_CO2_REF_test"; SUMX( CURRENTGROUP(); [MT_CO2_REF1]);
"Volume_ref_test"; SUMX( CURRENTGROUP(); [Volume_ref1]))

VAR table_ref_3 = ADDCOLUMNS(table_ref_2; "AVG_CO2_REF"; DIVIDE([MT_CO2_REF_test];[Volume_ref_test]);"Mix_ref";DIVIDE([Volume_ref_test];SUMX(table_ref_2;[Volume_ref_test])))

VAR Result =
    NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN ( table_ref_3;table_obs_3)

RETURN DIVIDE(SUMX(Result;([AVG_CO2_REF] - avg_ref)*[Volume_obs_test]*([Mix_obs] - [Mix_ref]));vol_obs)

What I would like to do now is to get those 7 measures values from my table to a final table that i'm going to use for a waterfall chart. 

I don't know how can I manage this part into Power BI Dax syntax and it needs to be done with Dax syntax (No power Query)...

Please, can someone help me out with this ? 

Thank you in advance for your help !! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was the pain point. It works ! 

Thank you @kentyler, you mentionned the fact about the measure and not a calculated column. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Measures are not really part of tables, although you create them that way in the interface. Create your 7 Measures and name with an index --  TrimMixValue_1 = ..... TrimMixValue_2 = ....

Then you sould be able to place all 7 measures on a report together with your "final table"

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!