Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the Quantity by the Earliest Date

Hello,

I am trying to get the most recent quantity by production week, by Plant (Where it is produced) and by SKU (Item No) depending on the earliest date (version date). Can someone help me with this. I do not mind if it is done in DAX or Power Query. Below is my data view. I have tried groups but when I try to get the quantity it sums all the values up. I dont want that I want what ever was the quantity by the earliest plan version by item.

==========================================================

Example of what I want:

edramir_0-1664993078597.png

If I were to sum the quantity of production week of 9/25/2022 I would get like 900,000 (LBS) because it sums it all. I want to get the last value depending on the earliest or closest date of that production week for that Item and plant level.  Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Below is an example of why the equal dates do not work:

edramir_1-1664993252422.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out. I had to use this DAX formula.

CALCULATE(SUM('Butter'[Quantity]),FILTER('Butter',Butter[Plan Version]=MAX('Butter'[Plan Version])))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out. I had to use this DAX formula.

CALCULATE(SUM('Butter'[Quantity]),FILTER('Butter',Butter[Plan Version]=MAX('Butter'[Plan Version])))
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous So maybe put Plant, SKU and Latest Plan Version in a table visual along with a Sum of the Quantity? You can use the drop down for Plan Version column in the field well to get Latest. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors