Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get multiple columns in one columns

Hi All,

I have calculated Maximum and Average measure. Please find the below screenshot:

ShipraJain_1-1652355909580.png

For get this metrics, I have used formula 

1. Max = MAXX(ALL('Table'[Brand]),[Sum_Traffic])

2. Average = Averagex(ALL('Table'[Brand]),[Sum_Traffic])

My query is : Can we convert this table as 

ShipraJain_2-1652356047567.png

Thanks

Shipra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a matrix visual and refer to the screenshot below to drag the corresponding fields to the visual.

yingyinr_0-1652843070816.png

If the above one still can't help you get the desired result, please provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Thanks for the help.

I want multi-level matrix as below format.

For example: In under Traffic column I need Sum, max and average value.

Traffic
SumMax

Average

Thanks

Shipra

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a matrix visual and refer to the screenshot below to drag the corresponding fields to the visual.

yingyinr_0-1652843070816.png

If the above one still can't help you get the desired result, please provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Is there any way to return multiple sub-columns into one column?

I used the below code:

Parent_Column =
Var Sum1 = SUM('RN Dashboard'[Traffic Out])
var max1 = MAXX(ALL('RN Dashboard'[Brand]),[Sum_Traffic])
Var Avg1 = AVERAGEX(ALL('RN Dashboard'[Brand]),[Sum_Traffic])

Return

Please let me know if way is available.

Thanks
Shipra

Hi @Anonymous ,

What does the original data in the table “RN Dashboard”  look like? Could you please provide some sample data from the table RN Dashboard”  in Text format? Is Key Attributes a column that actually exists in the table? If so, you can create your matrix with the following settings...

1. Create a matrix visual

yingyinr_0-1652770729859.png

2. Toggle off "Stepped out" option under the tab Row headers in Format pane

yingyinr_1-1652770880593.png

yingyinr_1-1652771261242.png

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

Best Regards

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

You can kinda do what you want but can't put measures in columns. Please see format options for matix to get the look below:

Whitewater100_0-1652357735508.png

I hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors