Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krish89
Helper II
Helper II

Get lookup values based on multiple conditions

Hello, I have an excel file with two sheets called Data and MF.

Data.PNGMF.PNG

S.NONew : =IF(OR(D2="#";D2="NULL");C2;D2)

CombinedValue: = B2&A2&E2 (concatenation of ID ,IDNew, S.NONew)

Rep: = IFERROR(IF(OR(G2="BLANK";G2="CN";G2="PERSON OR COMPANY'S NAME");VLOOKUP(B2;MF!A:B;2;FALSE);VLOOKUP(A2;MF!A:B;2;FALSE));"UNASSIGNED")

I want to implement the S.NoNew, CombinedValue and Rep columns in Power BI desktop instead of in Excel.

I imported the data into Power BI and i created S.NoNew and CombinedValue columns but it would be great if someone can help in creating the Rep column in Power BI.

Regards,

Krishna.

3 REPLIES 3
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Krish89,

Try this calculated column:

Rep =
VAR vResult =
    IF (
        Data[Name] IN { "BLANK", "CN", "PERSON OR COMPANY'S NAME" },
        LOOKUPVALUE ( MF[Rep], MF[ID], Data[IDNew] ),
        LOOKUPVALUE ( MF[Rep], MF[ID], Data[ID] )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( ISBLANK ( vResult ), "UNASSIGNED", vResult )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @DataInsights ,

Thank you very much for your help!!

I tried the calculated column but I got the below error because in my MF table the ID column datatype is whole number where as in Data table all the columns are Text. So Lookup function is not working with this datatype mismatch. 

But if i change the data type of ID column in MF table to Text then the DAX query works perfectly fine.

Is it possible to convert the datatpye of ID column in MF table to Text when writing the dax code instead of changing it in Power query.

lookup.PNG

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Krishna.

@Krish89,

It's possible, but not recommended. Data types should be consistent throughout the data model. For example, the column Order Date should be a date data type throughout the data model. If Order Date is a date data type in some tables, and a text data type in other tables, you will encounter problems. I highly recommend having the same data type in both tables for the ID column.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors