Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ossy81
Helper I
Helper I

Get first and last status of a member

Working on a report to show how many members moved between different statuses. How many from:

A -> B

B->A

A->C

within a selected period. So it could be that member went from A->B and than from B->C but for the report it should be registered as a member moved from A->C

I used this formula:

VAR MinDate = CALCULATE ( MIN ( 'F - Transaction ML'[d_date] )
, NOT ( ISBLANK ( 'F - Transaction ML'[d_member] ) )
, ALLSELECTED ( 'F - Transaction ML'[d_date] ) )

VAR
Weekstartdate = MinDate - WEEKDAY ( MinDate, 2 ) + 1

VAR
FirstMemberStatus = CALCULATE ( MIN ( 'F - Transaction ML'[Member Status] )
, ALLEXCEPT ( 'F - Transaction ML', 'D - Calendar' )
, FILTER ( 'F - Transaction ML'
, 'F - Transaction ML'[d_date] >= Weekstartdate
) )

RETURN
FirstMemberStatus

And created a similar one for the last status, but then with MAX. When showing it on a member level it works fine, but i need to know "total number of members"/count distinct from status A->B , A->C etc...

Who could guide me how to solve this?I need somehow this calc to be always on a member level

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ossy81 ,

Do you wnat to get the number of members which the status switch from one to another? In order to get a better understanding on your requirement and give you a suitable solution, could you please provide some sample data in the table 'F - Transaction ML' (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm afraid this is not going to work 😞 We want to know how many members moved van status A-> B and from A-> C

I already had a result which shows per member the 1st and the last status:

Ossy81_0-1668508381252.png

But when i do a count distinct by these statuses it doesn't work:

Ossy81_1-1668508424693.png

So the result what i want is:

Ossy81_2-1668508537728.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors