Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Puja_Kumari25
Helper I
Helper I

Get details in table on click on line chart start and end month count

Hi All,

Please help me to get the details when we click on the start and end date line chart.

We have created a line chart with three lines generated from the resource count based on the current month's recourse count, start-month resource count, and end-month resource count. 

We are able to get detail when we click on the current month line chart data point. but not able to get details when we click on the start and end month line chart data points.

Attaching the sample file link for the reference. Thanks in advacne.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ycxa6OfTnF2vsSjnDE_OyhQdycd-dvQ4/view?usp=share_link

With Regards

PK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Puja_Kumari25
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All,

Please help me to get the details when we click on the start and end date line chart.

We have created a line chart with three lines generated from the resource count based on the current month's recourse count, start-month resource count, and end-month resource count. 

We are able to get detail when we click on the current month line chart data point. but not able to get details when we click on the start and end month line chart data points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PTEeY9C4BIx5QWQqDon6LQtfcaFoWVVZ/view?usp=share_link 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Puja_Kumari25 ,

Please try:

First Duplicate table 1

vjianbolimsft_0-1672986542238.png

Then apply the measure:

Measure = 
var _a = SELECTEDVALUE(DateTable[YearMonthnumber])
var _b = IF(FORMAT(MAX('Table 2'[StartDate]),"YYYYMM")=_a,"Start")
var _c = IF(FORMAT(MAX('Table 2'[EndDate]),"YYYYMM")=_a,"End")
var _d = IF(MIN(DateTable[DateAsInteger])in SELECTCOLUMNS('Table 2',"YYYYMMDD",[YYYYMMDD]),"Current")
return _b&" "&_c&" "&_d

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_1-1672986590951.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your support, the shared solution was really helpful. I have accepted this as a solution.

Puja_Kumari25
Helper I
Helper I
Puja_Kumari25
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PTEeY9C4BIx5QWQqDon6LQtfcaFoWVVZ/view?usp=share_link 

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Puja_Kumari25 ,

Sorry, I can't view anything and download it.

vjianbolimsft_0-1671435174443.png

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Puja_Kumari25 ,

Based on your description, it seems like there should be three lines in your line graph, but there seems to be only one line in the sample you provided? How should these three lines look like and how exactly are they calculated?

vjianbolimsft_0-1670982981393.png

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

Hi Jianboli,

I have updated the new pbix file on the same location. It has three lines on the Line chart.

With regards

pk

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors