Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jamiers
Helper I
Helper I

Generate Personalized Email to a Email on a Line of a Report

Hi All,

I have a report that has merged fields from a bunch of different tables looking at forms that have been turned in.  Basically I scan across the report line and see if a particular employee has turned in all of the forms for a specific project.  Each form is from a different data set that I have merged into this one report.

I want to click on an envelope icon an generate an email message that states which of the forms are missing.

I am going to deal with the if/then statements later... right now I am working on just generating an email that by a click on an envelope will call the external desktop email program and insert text into a new email message.  I have started with the following code that calls the external email program and generates info in the body section:

GENERATEEMAIL = "mailto:" & [Email] & "?subject=" & [Name] & " :- Forms Due&body=COMPANY%0D
Location, State%0D
%0D
Dear " & [First Name] & ",%0D
%0D
Here are the remaining forms that you need to submit:%0D"

As I said, this works to call the external email program and generate the email message.  What I want to do is change the arrow below to a envelope icon.

jamiers_0-1618758221347.png

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @jamiers 

Yes, you can change this to an envelope icon.

It appears you have already set the GENERATEEMAIL measure's data category to Web URL.

All that is left to do is:

On your table/matrix visual, go to the Format > Values > URL icon > On

OwenAuger_0-1618783184050.png

You should then see icons like this in your table/matrix visual:

OwenAuger_1-1618783273168.png

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jamiers
Helper I
Helper I

So, I have that turned on, but you can see the results off to the left are not an envelope.  Am I missing a step somewhere?

jamiers_1-1618783971573.png

jamiers_2-1618783996206.png

Would anything else

Hi again @jamiers 

The Values > URL Icon setting is correct.

However, the Conditional Formatting > Web URL option is not required, and in fact it should not be available if you have set the measure's Data Category to Web URL.

Can you select the GENERATEEMAIL measure and check that you have set Data Category to Web URL?

OwenAuger_0-1618785983146.png

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @jamiers 

Yes, you can change this to an envelope icon.

It appears you have already set the GENERATEEMAIL measure's data category to Web URL.

All that is left to do is:

On your table/matrix visual, go to the Format > Values > URL icon > On

OwenAuger_0-1618783184050.png

You should then see icons like this in your table/matrix visual:

OwenAuger_1-1618783273168.png

Regards,

Owen

Owen Auger
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Thank you.  That did the trick.  I have this on a column, but that it did the trick.  Thanks for the solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors