Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LCarenzo
Helper I
Helper I

Formula Question

I am unsure how to do this formula in Power BI.  I have two columns (A&B).  Column A has 10 items, and Column B has 3 items.  I am trying to say this in my formula.  If Column A has Billing and Column B has Accuracy, multply, the percentage in Column C to 70%.  Basically it is a weighted average.

Billing / Accuracy / Jan 2019 * 70%

I created a second table that references the percentages of the weight based on Column A and Column B.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You know, it really helps to descibe your data but give some actual data samples. (also, don't post screenshots of tables but copy the values from Excel for example right into the text box here). 

Right now, I have absolutely no idea what your question is, what you are trying to achieve and what you expect the result to be? You start with two columns, A and B, then suddenly there is a column C and then you mention a date? What is in the second table? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

You are correct.

Column A is the Category( Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3)

Column B is the Sub Category (Sub 1, Sub 2, Sub 3)

Column C is the Value  100%

Column D is the Weighted %

Cat 1/Sub 1 is 34%

Cat 1/Sub 2 is 33%

Cat 1/Sub 3 is 33%

I want to calculate the weighted percentage off of Column A & B using the weight from Column D against the value of Column C.

Please provide some dummy date in an excel sheet with the calculation you want. I still don't understand if you are asking for Column D or something else. Provide table with sample data, then logic, then expected outcome based on the sample data and we will be able to help recreate the logic in Power  BI:)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors