Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Philip_Aarup

Forecasting - question and help

Hi all, 
I have created a simple forecasting function which predicts the incoming calls from our customers the next 12 month. 
Likewise a slicer have been created which makes it possible to change the growth percentage to see the change. 

Incoming Calls (Eligible) - Forecast =
VAR Forecast =
CALCULATE(
'Incoming Measures'[Incoming Calls (Eligible)],
DATEADD('Calendar'[Date], -1, YEAR)
)*(1+'Incoming Calls forecast'[Incoming Calls forecast Value])
RETURN
IF(
DATE(YEAR(MAX('Calendar'[Date])),MONTH(MAX('Calendar'[Date])),DAY(MAX('Calendar'[Date])))>=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())),
Forecast,
'Incoming Measures'[Incoming Calls (Eligible)]

My struggle is that I would love to have set up with another measurement on our Abandon Rate (AR%). 
For example, if the predicted growth is 5% the next 12 months, how does that affects the AR% - is that even possible? 

Thanks for your help 🙂 
Have a great day. 

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Philip_Aarup 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>My struggle is that I would love to have set up with another measurement on our Abandon Rate (AR%). 
For example, if the predicted growth is 5% the next 12 months, how does that affects the AR% - is that even possible? 

if I understand correctly, you can create a measure to get the predicted growth in the next 12 months, then you can use the if() function in another measure to determine whether the [predicted growth] measure reaches 5%

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors