Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bjosic
Regular Visitor

Flag to show no sales in last 4 months for a "Customer" by "State" and "Product"

Hi Community

I'm newbie to the world of DAX and I'm hopping someone can assist me. 

I require a DAX calculation (if it's possible) to give me a flag when a customer has no sales of a product within the last 4 months for their state's product ranging only.

I've been able to get the below to work to find the gaps but they do not allow state specific products, It shows everything.

All my sales are in one query table "Actuals"

Actuals[9LE] = sales

Actuals[CUSTOMER_DIM.CUSTOMERNAME] = Customers

Actuals[STATE] = State

Actuals[ALMCode] = Products

For for months I used a rolling sales calculation, and variations for 6 and 12;

=VAR EndDate=MAX(Dates[DATE])
VAR StartDate=EDATE(EndDate,-3)
VAR Result=
CALCULATE(
SUM(Actuals[9LE]),
DATESBETWEEN(Dates[DATE],StartDate,EndDate)
)
RETURN
Result

Then I used the below to flag the issues;

=IF([Last 12Mths 9LE]<=0,0,IF(OR([Last 6Mths 9LE]<=0,[Last 6Mths 9LE]>0&&[Last 4 Mths 9LE]<=0),1,0))

I could be going totally down the wrong path. Happy to rewrite it all if required.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @amitchandak 

I do have a seperate date table already.

But solultion will not work, I only want to flag a customer if the customer has not purchase in the last 4 months. The formula above shows a flag if the customer has also have never purchased it, not what I'm looking for.

I did get around that issue with adding in rolling 12 and changing the lost sales to show

IF(ISBLANK([Rolling 12 months]),0,IF(ISBLANK([Rolling 4 Mths]),1,0))

But this still leaves me in the exact same spot as I was in the beginning. The cutomer report still shows all customers and products, not just the ones ranged for that state.

I need to somehow restrict the products for that state and for the customers with that state.

Regard

Brad

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bjosic , last 4 months sales for any combination. With a separate date tbale

Rolling 4= CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-4,MONTH))

No sales for last 4 month = if(isblank([Rolling 4]), 1, 0)

a approch I followed here

Customer Retention Part 1:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-1-Month-on-Month-Retention/b...

Thanks @amitchandak 

I do have a seperate date table already.

But solultion will not work, I only want to flag a customer if the customer has not purchase in the last 4 months. The formula above shows a flag if the customer has also have never purchased it, not what I'm looking for.

I did get around that issue with adding in rolling 12 and changing the lost sales to show

IF(ISBLANK([Rolling 12 months]),0,IF(ISBLANK([Rolling 4 Mths]),1,0))

But this still leaves me in the exact same spot as I was in the beginning. The cutomer report still shows all customers and products, not just the ones ranged for that state.

I need to somehow restrict the products for that state and for the customers with that state.

Regard

Brad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors