Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexricker0928
Frequent Visitor

Flag Column to Exclude Records

Hello PBI Super Users!

I have a report that ultimately ages open balances of customer accounts based on due dates. The goal is to show the balance by division, customer account, and voucher (hence the hierarchy in the matrix). The report looks like this at a glance:

alexricker0928_0-1607034667224.png

Each customer has a 'Balance as Of Date', this is the balance of that customer as of the date in the date filter. Then, each of those balances is aged based on the due date of the voucher into buckets ('Future','1-30 days','31-60 days' etc.). All the values of the buckets in each row should add up to the 'Balance As of Date' in that row. 

The 'Balance As of Date' column calculates correctly for all customer and vouchers.

The problem I'm having comes when I have to age those amounts. For example, customer 040033, in the screenshot above. The 'Balance As of Date' is 0 for that customer because all four vouchers happen to add up to zero, which is correct. However, each voucher is aged based on the due date (all vouchers could have different due dates). Because voucher 'GLJE-000057269' has a different due date than the other three, it's being aged into a different bucket. Because of that, the totals for that customer are off. In reality, there should be no amounts aged for that customer because the 'Balance As Of Date' is 0. 

alexricker0928_1-1607035339439.png

I'm here in this chat because I want to add a flag that says "If the 'Balance As Of Date' for the customer in total is 0, then flag each voucher with 1, otherwise 0). It would look like this in the end.

alexricker0928_2-1607035588315.png

This way, I could put a visual level filter that said 'flag is not 1' to exclude the records.

I tried this in my flag formula, but it's not working as expected.

flag =
VAR summarized = SUMMARIZE(OpenAR,OpenAR[Division],OpenAR[ACCOUNTNUM],"Balance As Of Date",[Balance As Of Date])
Return
IF(SUMX(summarized,[Balance As Of Date])=0,1,0)

Any help here is much appreciated!!

Here is a link to the file: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SfKu_R1oNLdU_4WanElWqho9RJnIvzJG/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @alexricker0928 

flag V2 =
IF (
    NOT ISBLANK ( SELECTEDVALUE ( OpenAR[VOUCHER] ) ),
    IF (
        ROUND ( CALCULATE ( [Balance As Of Date], ALL ( OpenAR[VOUCHER] ) ), 5 ) = 0,
    )
)

Note I had to use ROUND( ) to 5 decimals because the result at the customer level was very small but not zero (10^-12 or stg like that) so the =0 would return FALSE otherwise

image.png

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @alexricker0928 

flag V2 =
IF (
    NOT ISBLANK ( SELECTEDVALUE ( OpenAR[VOUCHER] ) ),
    IF (
        ROUND ( CALCULATE ( [Balance As Of Date], ALL ( OpenAR[VOUCHER] ) ), 5 ) = 0,
    )
)

Note I had to use ROUND( ) to 5 decimals because the result at the customer level was very small but not zero (10^-12 or stg like that) so the =0 would return FALSE otherwise

image.png

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

@AlB , yes this did the trick. Thank you very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors