Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dougdutra
Regular Visitor

Fixing Target values filtered by specific category selections

Hi!

So I have 4 different Tables, each having columns that contain the yearly KPI Target values, in percentage, for different categories (Company -> 0, Country -> 1, Region -> 2, Business Unit -> 3).

Currently, I have a dashboard that allows the user to select specific Business Units, as well as their working Region and Country, all returning specific pre-defined Target values for each of these categories, when single-selected.

But I wanna leave the slicer open for multiple selections which helps the user to compare any other selection that they want.

slicer.pngavg.png
But that's when the problem starts. My current measure is returning an average of the Target of the current selections that in some cases, when selecting multiple categories, bring no analytical info at all, and just creates confusion

currentmeasure.png

So I made a schema on Excel of the logic that im thinking of to fix the Target

excel.png

This is the measure I made trying to fix it, but it didn't really work:

switch.png

It seems quite messy, I feel like i'll need a different approach

Any ideas on how to solve it? To return the Targets according to the slicer selection, like the Rules in the excel?

1 REPLY 1
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Dougdutra 

Can you please paste (as text) some example data for the 4 tables so that it can EASILY be copied? Also, these 4 tables must somehow be logically connected... If we treat them as dimensions, what is the fact table here? Not every company can be found in every region, I suppose, and not every region can be found in every country...

By the way, the measure you're asking for will be very specific and tightly bound to the hierarchy (a small change to the hierarchy will immediately call for a change to the measure). On another note, your rules are not easily understandable. For instance, what does it mean "No selection -> Company Target"? If there are many companies (as I believe should be the case), then which company are we talking about? If you don't select anything, then all companies are visible...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors