Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filtering Table Based On Measure Value

Hello,

I'm running into some issues while trying to parameterize a query in Power BI Report Builder. For the parameters, I need to be able to select multiple values so I can't use conventional filter expressions like Filter(<Table>,[Field]="LookupValue"). I've found how to get this to work for columns that exist in the raw data but am having trouble with values calculated from measures.

Here's the relevant code that I'm attempting to use:

VAR StatusCount =
    PATHLENGTH ( @ProjStatus)
VAR StatusNumberTable =
    GENERATESERIES ( 1, StatusCount, 1 )
VAR StatusTable =
    GENERATE (
        StatusNumberTable,
        VAR StatusCurrentKey = [Value]
        RETURN
            ROW ( "Key", PATHITEM ( @ProjStatus,StatusCurrentKey ) )
    )
VAR GetKeyStatusColumn =
    SELECTCOLUMNS ( StatusTable, "Key", [Key] )

VAR __DS0Core = 
    SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
      'Projects'[Project Name],
      "WorstStatus", 'Meta_EngStatusSummary'[WorstStatus]
    )

EVALUATE
 CALCULATETABLE( __DS0Core,INTERSECT( SELECTCOLUMNS ( __DS0Core, "Key", [WorstStatus] ) , GetKeyStatusColumn))

[WorstStatus] is a measure with possible values "Green", "Yellow", and "Red" FWIW.

The first 4 variables are used to convert the input string ("Green|Yellow") to a single-column table (GetKeyStatusColumn) which I'm trying to use to filter __DS0Core. The issue that I'm running into is that CALCULATETABLE is not filtering __DS0Core based on the filter applied. I'm trying to mimic the approach used here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filter-table-based-on-another-table/m-p/519101/highlight/fa... 

Looking at the values of GetKeyStatusColumn and the SELECTCOLUMNS that I'm using to pull the WorstStatus column, both tables appear correctly/as expected on their own. I believe the issue is that the SELECTCOLUMNS breaks the relationship between it and __DS0Core, but I may be wrong. When trying to use [WorstStatus] directly without SELECTCOLUMNS, an error is thrown that it is not a table.

Any suggestions on how to try to correct this or another approach to test would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

I looped back to a result which worked with single values ( FILTER( __DS0Core,'Meta_EngStatusSummary'[WorstStatus2] =@ProjStatus) ) and realized I was over-thinking this... This is the EVALUATE statement which ended up working for me:

FILTER( __DS0Core,'Meta_EngStatusSummary'[WorstStatus2] IN GetKeyStatusColumn)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

I looped back to a result which worked with single values ( FILTER( __DS0Core,'Meta_EngStatusSummary'[WorstStatus2] =@ProjStatus) ) and realized I was over-thinking this... This is the EVALUATE statement which ended up working for me:

FILTER( __DS0Core,'Meta_EngStatusSummary'[WorstStatus2] IN GetKeyStatusColumn)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, I had similar problem and your approach gave me the solution:

Measures:

Current Week = WEEKNUM(TODAY() , 21 )

Total Planned Week WO =
    CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'WO'[WO Number] ),
    WO[WO Status] IN { "MH", "MJ", "MK" },
    FILTER( WO,
                 WO[Planned Week] IN { [Current Week] } ) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors