Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

souvik900766
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filter out rows

Hi !
My pbix file:-https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgaqhzqakwkbyz9/filter%20problem.pbix?dl=0
When I am selecting any of the category from table 1 the numbers are disappearing in table 2 !
The reason is my calculation in table 2 where in the denominator I have taken Total Product to calculate the brand share.
So, what is happening is as the base is fixed with total product, against total product in the category name it has total product only(Kindly check in the data View with total Product as filter in the brand name column, if I select category 1 in brand name column the in category column also category 1 will come).
At the same time in Table 1 I have used a filter that is "Categories" (check the filter pane).

Now, I want that when a category name will be selected in table 1 within that category what are the brands available I can see in table 2....
For eg if I select category 1 then brand 8 will come as 1.26(as you can see in the table).Only the brands within respective category will be shown...(The calculation base should be "Total Product" only.
Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance !

3 REPLIES 3
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @souvik900766 ,

You will need to work with the Data Models. 

Try create a 1:Many relationship and then create your measures.

Please see Page 2 of the visualization tab in the attached file. It can now show brands according to the categories.

1.PNG

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Hi @harshnathani 
No, It is not working !
I am filtering the categories but it is not affecting the brand. Same number of brands are showing for each category !

Hi @souvik900766 ,

See if this works. Very confusing data as category has value Category 1, Category 2 as well as Brands have value Category 1, Category 2.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors