Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter in this page

Hello

There is something that I can not understand about the filter "IN THIS PAGE"

I have a Dashboard page with some KPI and I used my attribut "Date" with 2 values : "2019" ; "2018"

When I select both of them, I have an incorrect result but If I select option "All", I have a correct result

Is it normal or there is something wrong ?  Can you help me to understand ?

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Check that the column you are using to related the tables matches. In Power BI when you related two tables and the values one 1 side of the table does not the Many, then Power BI created a blank group to put all of the data. I think this is what you are seeing in your report when selecting ALL.

If I answer your question, please mark my post as a solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but I don't understand what do you explain 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you share the data model , such as do you have one table or multiple tables and how they are related?

If I answer your question, please mark my post as a solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Tomas Santandreu Polanco |Principal Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to put an image but it's confidential so I'm going to explain the model clearly !

I have table A related to table B by ID ( the relation 1:* and the direction is both). 

In the table A , many ID can belong to a group and there is N group

KPI : for each group, I count how many time its elements (ID of table A) is repeted in the table B

The filter Year (from the hierarchy Date created by the attribut Date) is in the table B

I have to use the both-directional otherwise the filter won't work

I hope it was clear !

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors