Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataHeroBav

Filter Table with a measure that checks on an exact value match

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a tricky report that works but has a terrible performance. Now I hope to get some advice from the community what I could do better.

I am using a chiclet slicer that lets you click on 4 seperate buttons. Each buttons stand for one digit. The digits are 1, 5, 7, 9. You click on each button to choose your own combination.

I have a measure that sums up that digits to have a combination number. 

DAX Flag Funktion = SUM(ProcessCategory[ProcessDigit])

That number is used to filter on a table if that number matches the one in table in a specific column.

check measure = IF(IF(ISERROR(FIND([DAX Flag Funktion];SELECTEDVALUE(Funktion[FunktionMatch])));0;SELECTEDVALUE(Funktion[FunktionMatch]))/[DAX Flag Funktion]=1;1;0)
The final measure check measure is added as additional to my final table. The table is filtered by setting the check measure to is 1 in the visual filter levels.

That is how it is done currently and the performance is poor and I dont know what else I could try. My goal is that based on the combination picked the table should be filter by that value and output the result. Given the 4 digits there are currently 22 possible combinations.

Thanks a lot for any help!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors