Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DataHeroBav Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Filter Table with a measure that checks on an exact value match

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a tricky report that works but has a terrible performance. Now I hope to get some advice from the community what I could do better.

I am using a chiclet slicer that lets you click on 4 seperate buttons. Each buttons stand for one digit. The digits are 1, 5, 7, 9. You click on each button to choose your own combination.

I have a measure that sums up that digits to have a combination number. 

DAX Flag Funktion = SUM(ProcessCategory[ProcessDigit])

That number is used to filter on a table if that number matches the one in table in a specific column.

check measure = IF(IF(ISERROR(FIND([DAX Flag Funktion];SELECTEDVALUE(Funktion[FunktionMatch])));0;SELECTEDVALUE(Funktion[FunktionMatch]))/[DAX Flag Funktion]=1;1;0)
The final measure check measure is added as additional to my final table. The table is filtered by setting the check measure to is 1 in the visual filter levels.

That is how it is done currently and the performance is poor and I dont know what else I could try. My goal is that based on the combination picked the table should be filter by that value and output the result. Given the 4 digits there are currently 22 possible combinations.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 138 members 1,726 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: