Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maiios
Frequent Visitor

Fill in missing values in a line graph with 0, while respecting the slicer

I have looked at other solutions on this forum, but have not found anything that solves my issue. I have some data that has dates with no entry. When I graph it on a line graph, it looks like this:

maiios_1-1637102206020.png

I have been trying to get those disconnected points to be connected, with the missing data being graphed as 0. But if I use the following measure, then my graph looks like this:

expenses_speed_ = if(isblank([expenses_speed (ATS)]), 0, [expenses_speed (ATS)])

maiios_0-1637102061569.png

I have the (i think) proper relationships setup between my date table and the table with this data. How do I get my points to be connected while not having my graphs going back to January 1900?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@maiios , because handle null will bring in all duration, I usually handle if again ''example

0 between range
Measure = var _1= SUM(Opportunity[Opportunity count]) +0
var _min = minx(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'), 'Calendar'[Date])
var _max = maxx(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'), 'Calendar'[Date])
return
CALCULATE(if(max('Calendar'[Date]) <_min || max('Calendar'[Date]) >_max , BLANK(), _1))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maiios
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much. I have been messing with this for so long... thanks for showing me how to use the min/max to solve this!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@maiios , because handle null will bring in all duration, I usually handle if again ''example

0 between range
Measure = var _1= SUM(Opportunity[Opportunity count]) +0
var _min = minx(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'), 'Calendar'[Date])
var _max = maxx(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'), 'Calendar'[Date])
return
CALCULATE(if(max('Calendar'[Date]) <_min || max('Calendar'[Date]) >_max , BLANK(), _1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors