Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jytech
Helper I
Helper I

FORMAT DAX WEEKNUM

Hello,

I created a Calendar Table using DAX. I currently have a Column with the Week Number with DAX written as: Week Number = WEEKNUM('Date'[Date],1). Instead of simply showing just the Week Number (i.e. 1,2,3,4...53), I would like to format it to only show "MM/YYYY" (i.e. 01/2020). Is there a way to format the WEEKNUM DAX Date Function to only show "MM/YYYY" only while not showing the actual Week Number?

4 REPLIES 4
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @jytech ,

You can use the FORMAT function

"WekNum", FORMAT([Date],"MM/YYYY")

weeknum.png
Cheers!
Vivek

If it helps, please mark it as a solution. Kudos would be a cherry on the top 🙂
If it doesn't, then please share a sample data along with the expected results (preferably an excel file and not an image)

Blog: vivran.in/my-blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your feedback but that FORMAT function does one of two things:

1. If I use this FORMAT([Date],"MM/YYYY"), it groups it by month which does not give me the Week Hierarchy that I need.
  2. If I use it like this FORMAT(WEEKNUM([Date],1),"MM/YYYY"), it gives me a year of "1900"

Right now, this works:

"(" & "Week " & 1 + WEEKNUM('Date'[Date]) - WEEKNUM(STARTOFMONTH('Date'[Date])) & ") " & FORMAT('Date'[Date], "MM") & "/" & FORMAT('Date'[Date], "YYYY") and it gives me "(Week 1) 01/2018" but I can't seem to remove the "Week 1" from the output.
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jytech 

Can you share few sample output you are looking for? That would help me in understanding the requirement better.

Cheers!
Vivek

Blog: vivran.in/my-blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors