Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel Formula conversion to DAX

I have a average calculation base for % perfomance, and can get the number by doing multiple steps within Power BI measure, However hoping someone can point me in the correct direction to express the Formula in 1 step. 

This is the full below formula, I was able to to it breaking up in to steps to get each answer then combine, however hoping some once can point me in the correct direction to make this into 1 specific formula converted in DAX. 

Each X and Y are columns related to specific information on each line in Power Bi. 

=Y1*((1-X2)*(X3/(X3+X4))+(1-Y2)*(X4/(X3+X4)))/(1-Y3)

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such things should be calculated in Power Query, mate, not in DAX. For many reasons but one of them is that calculated columns are worse compressed than regular columns.

By the way, please try to learn the difference between measures and calculated columns.

Best
D
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share sample data and expected output.
Thanks
Pravin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see below Data 

25-02-2020 4-16-21 PM.png

Formula in Excel is CR=Y1*((1-WA%)*(Prod C/(Prod C+Prod P))+(1-WP%)*(Prod P/(Prod C+Prod P)))/(1-%_F)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create new column in power BI as below

CR=table[Y1]*((1-table[WA%])*(table[Prod C]/(table[Prod C]+table[Prod P]))+(1-table[WP%])*(table[Prod P]/(table[Prod C]+table[Prod P])))/(1-table[%_F])

I assume here all values are numeric not of type text.

and all are column not measure.

Note: replace "Table" with your table name in above formula.

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar
www.linkedin.com/in/pravin-p-wattamwar

If I resolve your problem Mark it as a solution and give kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors