Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

siljewiehauge
Frequent Visitor

End of month

Hello. I'm working on a report in PBI desktop. It's a dataset with the company's contracts. I have a Start Date and and End Date. 

I've used the this measure.

AktiveKontrakterIgjen = VAR tmpTabell = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(GENERATE('#Net'; 'Date'); [Date] >= [Start Date] && [Date] <= [RiktigEndDate]); "ID"; [Index]; "Date"; [Date]) VAR tmpTabell1 = GROUPBY(tmpTabell; [ID]; "Count"; COUNTX(CURRENTGROUP(); [Date])) RETURN COUNTROWS(tmpTabell1)​

I do get the outcome I want PER DAY. How can I get the number correct for the EndofMonth? 

I tried to add an ENDofMonth Column to the Calendar table, but it still gives me the sum (or I'm not even sure what the number is when I look at week number or month in the Date hierarcy). How can this be solved? 

In addition - this is a measure that is quite heavy for the dataset I'm working on. It takes a long time to calculate, as we have active contracts today that started in 2002. Would really appreciate any help 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
siljewiehauge
Frequent Visitor

PBI.PNG

Here's the outcome of the code. For 4 of March - correct. For Week 10 or for the month March, not correct. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

First, the measure is not correct syntactically. Open www.daxformatter.com and try to format it. You won't be able.

Second, the measure is certainly too complex for the task at hand, which means its calculation is ineffective and hence slow.

If you explain carefully what it is you want and what the model looks like, you may get an answer.

Please get familiar with this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors