cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Edate Dax

Hi there,

I ve tried to create a comming due Dax for incomming goods control. This works great since edate works with months:

Comming Due WEK = CALCULATE(COUNT('Wareneingang'[Status]);CONTAINSSTRING('Wareneingang'[TheoretischesFreigabedatum] < EDATE(TODAY();1);'Wareneingang'[TheoretischesFreigabedatum] > TODAY()))

This gives me all comming dues within the next 30 days.

Now I want to have the same query instead with 30days with 4 days.

Theoretically u can calculate how month are 4 days in decimal (0.13333) but this doesnt work.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Edate Dax

Hi @Yarisch77 ,

You can use Today()-4 , in this case. Pls check and let me know.

Regards,

HN

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Yarisch77 ,

CALCULATE(COUNT('Wareneingang'[Status]);CONTAINSSTRING('Wareneingang'[TheoretischesFreigabedatum] < TODAY()-4 ;'Wareneingang'[TheoretischesFreigabedatum] > TODAY()))

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Note that EDATE is much more subtle than just adding/subtracting 30 days. It also gracefully handles missing dates, like when you say EDATE("2020-03-31",-1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.