Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ovonel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Dynamic weighted average?

I have a measure containing a metric for each customer.  For example:

ovonel_0-1624570751679.png

(I added the code below for Measure)

Is it possible to get a dynamic weighted average… based on whatever segmentation is chosen at a higher level?

For example; If on the filters, segmentation X is chosen, (then that shall be Customer 4,6 and 45), and then  do a weighted average based on those Customers?

For example; If a city is seleted, (then that shall be customers 5,10 and 11), and then do a weighted average based on that?

(My goal is to use a matrix, and then in Rows to have Customer, and then do they weighted average, for whichever column is selected at a higher level and used as filter...)

My code for  Measure is.

TotalPerCustomer = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Revenue,'Customer'[Customer]),[RevenueWo])

MaxBPerCustomer =  MAXX(  SUMMARIZE(Revenue, 'Customer'[Customer], 'Centers'[Bus]), [RevenueWo])

Measure = DIVIDE([TotalPerCustomer],[ MaxBPerCustomer],blank())

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You are going to have to provide data and expected results. You have 3 customers shown with a measure and size, and then want to know how to get customers 4, 6, and 45 to do something based on some new segmentation field.
How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors