Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RickPowerBI
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic target visual based on dates

Hello everyone,

I am trying to to make a dynamic target visual based on dates. We have set some client targets per month, so every month we should have a certain amount of total clients. So the visual should jump to the next target after every month.

I have a measure for active clients:

Total active Clients = 
var __svym = TODAY()

return
CALCULATE(COUNT('Clients'[Client Code]),
FILTER('Clients', __svym>='Clients'[Start Agreement] && __svym <= 'Clients'[End Agreement])

And I have a table with the targets and dates:

Month & Year

Target Clients

31 January 2020

29 February 2020

31 March 2020

30 April 2020

31 May 2020

30 June 2020

31 July 2020

31 August 2020

30 September 2020

31 October 2020

30 November 2020

31 December 2020

I have set the column Month & Year as data type 'Date' and I also have a date table.

What measure or what syntaxis should I try to make this dynamic target visual possible?

Please let me know your ideas,

Kind regards Rick

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think what you are showing is already doing what you need.  For the "current" month it shows the active contracts.  Or did you want to show it for all past and future months as well?

@lbendlinWhen I apply the the target to a KPI it automatically sums the targets together, and don't summarize isn't even an option in the visualisation fields section. Even when I set the column to 'Don't summarize' in the properties section it still sums up the targets. Another issue is that the active clients don't add up to the running total. But that is an other story 😣

Screenshot (23).png

You may want to try other visuals. multi-cards, or even simple tables. KPI is not good for that purpose.

Also note the exclamation point - it is there for a reason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors