Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Niunias
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic target in measures

Hello All,

I need a help with a dynamic target and according to this target I would like to calcualte a measure. Let me give you some example.

I have a list of countries and each of them have their own target, for example Germany - 3 days , Spain - 4 days to process the ticket.

The measure needs to count how many tickets were closed within this target.  So I tried something like this for Germany : Tickets within KPI = Calculate(Count(Table1[Column1]),(Table1[Days]) <= 3) and it works fine but unfortunately I have a lot of the countries and I would like to avoid creation that many measurments with different target.

Is there is any way to create a dymanic target so when I pick  up in the slicer Germany the Tickets within KPI measure will automatically count a rows with days below or equal 3 and when I choose Spain it will count rows with the 4 days below or equal  ? I tried to created a table and used SWITCH function :

Dynamic Target = SWITCH(Targets[Country]),

2 "Germany", 3,

3 "Spain", 4)

but when try to use it in the measure : Tickets within KPI = Calculate(Count(Table1[Column1]),(Table1[Days]) <= [Dynamic Target] ) I have a warning message  " A function 'CALCULATE' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed."

I am not Power BI expert so may thinking may look stupid for you but I will aprreciate any help. Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Niunias 

I am not sure how your data model and tables look like.

I assume you can create a target table like below.

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below, whether it is what you are looking for.

Picture14.png

Tickets within Target =

CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( Tickets ),
FILTER ( Tickets, Tickets[Days] <= SELECTEDVALUE ( Targets[Target] ) )
)

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Niunias
Frequent Visitor

Brilliant ! Thanks a lot 🙂 You have saved my weekend 🙂

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Niunias 

I am not sure how your data model and tables look like.

I assume you can create a target table like below.

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below, whether it is what you are looking for.

Picture14.png

Tickets within Target =

CALCULATE (
COUNTROWS ( Tickets ),
FILTER ( Tickets, Tickets[Days] <= SELECTEDVALUE ( Targets[Target] ) )
)

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors