Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic measure based on fields in matrix table

I have a measure doing a simple variance calculation of two numeric fields within a matrix table and then on another page I have the another matrix table with a measure doing the same calculation but with two other numeric fields.

Is it possible to use the same measure but use these new two fields or will I have to create another measure? Trying to be efficient and reduce the number of measures I create but I can quickly see myself duplicating a lot of measures if I can't find a more dynamic way of doing this.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Check out calculation groups: Creating Calculation Groups in Power BI Desktop - SQLBI

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw something about using calculation groups through tabular but I can't seem to access the external tools, I think my organisation has blocked it because I do have the latest version of Power BI installed and I can't even see any option in the preview features.

m3tr01d
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

One way of bypassing this is to use the Portable version of TAbular editor 2 which doesnt requires admin access :
https://github.com/TabularEditor/TabularEditor/releases/tag/2.16.1

m3tr01d_0-1627660997947.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors