Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

syasmin25
Helper V
Helper V

Dynamic Row Level Security using AD

Hello, 

I am trying to apply Dynamic Row Level security using the Active Directory. However, I am really new to the active directory. I have been searching to create hierarchy levels for each groups. I had followed the tutorial that I found here. I will be posting down the turorial link below. 
However, I was wanting to know, how do we create hierarchy levels for groups from there on? WHat I am trying to say is which columns should I be pulling in for the calculations?
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-leverage-Active-Directory-to-filter-the-data-in-Powe...

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

how big is your AD?  That approach will only work for very small companies.  For larger companies you can use a RLS where you assign roles to AD groups manually.

It is around 15k rows. I did create AD groups. However, I am really new to RLS as well as Active Directory and do not know how to assign roles manually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors