cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPBIUser

Dynamic Row Level Security in Embedded Report

I am trying to create a dynamic row level security solution for an embedded report. Users will log into an existing corporate dashboard and this report will show for them. The embedded report passes a USERPRINCIPALNAME() that corresponds to the user's email address contained in a Users table.

The Users table connects to a UsersGroups table which contains a UserID and a GroupID. The GroupID connects to a Groups table that contains the GroupID and a LocationID. The LocationID connects to a Location table, which should be what grants access to the data using the LocationID.

Users may have multiple LocationIDs that they need access to.

I've been struggling to find the correct DAX command to put into the Row Level Security filters. Help!

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EPBIUser , I am hoping you are talking about power bi embedded.

if so refer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-row-level-security

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin

Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.