Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

frittle
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic Percentage Change Measure based on Date Hierarchy AND List

Hello everyone,

I would like to implement a dynamic percentage change to my line chart, here is an example of what I'm looking for:

frittle_0-1652873722813.png

I want to visualize the change in percent from one point in the line chart to another. The visual above is only based on a date hierarchy, my visual uses a date hierarchy and a list of all 5 minute timestamps in a day. I have tried the following measure, but did not get the desired result since I don't know how to incorporate the 5 minute timestamp list into the dax Function:

Dynamic Percentage Change = 
VAR CurrentValue = [Last Value final 5 minute stamp]
VAR PreviousValue = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    ISINSCOPE('Main Date Table'[Datum].[Day]), CALCULATE([Last Value final 5 minute stamp], DATEADD('Main Date Table'[Datum], -1,DAY)),
    ISINSCOPE('Main Date Table'[Datum].[Month]), CALCULATE([Last Value final 5 minute stamp], PARALLELPERIOD('Main Date Table'[Datum], -1, MONTH)))
RETURN
DIVIDE(
    CurrentValue-PreviousValue,
    PreviousValue
)

This is the result I got in my visual (not conditionally formatted): 

frittle_1-1652874079530.png

Here the setup of the visual (as you can see the X-Axis is made up of a date hierarchy from  main date table and the 5 minute timestamp list, which is a seperate table):

frittle_2-1652874166044.png

Does anybody know how I can integrate the list correctly into my dax measure to get the desired result? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Leo

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frittle ,

Would you mind providing a simple file with no private data?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

frittle
Helper II
Helper II

No ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors