Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic NOT IN list of values

Hi,

I'm new to DAX and have diffuculties with simple sintaxis.

What I am struggling to achieve is to make a dynamic list of Contacts that are not yet covered by one of the clients

Example:

ClientName     Contacts

A                      C1

A                      C2

B                      C2

B                      C4

C                      C3

D                      C4

In my report I would like to select ClientName 'A' from the slicer and then the table below would give me all Contacts that are not yet covered by ClientName 'A'.   Which would be 'C3' and 'C4'.

In SQL it would be :

SELECT

Contacts

FROM

TableA

WHERE

Contacts not in(SELECT Contacts FROM TableA WHERE ClientName='A')

Tried this as a reference : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Use-a-measure-to-check-a-column-for-an-array-list-of-values...

But ran into troubles defining my own list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
M_L
Frequent Visitor

Hi, this measure should list the contract ID not used by the current client by using EXCEPT on 2 columns (All contracts and contracts of the current client)

Measure contracts NOT used by current Client = 
VAR __AllContracts = DISTINCT(ALL(TableClients[Contracts]))
VAR __Currentclient = if(HASONEVALUE(TableClients[ClientName]);VALUES(TableClients[ClientName]))
VAR __ContractsCurrenctClient = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL(TableClients);TableClients[ClientName]=__Currentclient);"Contracts";[Contracts])
VAR __ContractsNotCurrenctClient = EXCEPT(__AllContracts;__ContractsCurrenctClient)
VAR __Results= CONCATENATEX(DISTINCT(__ContractsNotCurrenctClient);[Contracts];"-")
RETURN __Results

Results are shown below : 

20191116 v01.JPG

Please mark if it helps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
M_L
Frequent Visitor

Hi, this measure should list the contract ID not used by the current client by using EXCEPT on 2 columns (All contracts and contracts of the current client)

Measure contracts NOT used by current Client = 
VAR __AllContracts = DISTINCT(ALL(TableClients[Contracts]))
VAR __Currentclient = if(HASONEVALUE(TableClients[ClientName]);VALUES(TableClients[ClientName]))
VAR __ContractsCurrenctClient = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL(TableClients);TableClients[ClientName]=__Currentclient);"Contracts";[Contracts])
VAR __ContractsNotCurrenctClient = EXCEPT(__AllContracts;__ContractsCurrenctClient)
VAR __Results= CONCATENATEX(DISTINCT(__ContractsNotCurrenctClient);[Contracts];"-")
RETURN __Results

Results are shown below : 

20191116 v01.JPG

Please mark if it helps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Very clear explanation

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors