Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndreasGjNi
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Field in Slicer based on Field Parameter selection

Hi PBI Community

I have been stuck for a while on trying to build upon my Field Parameter into a slicer. 

I have a Field Parameter that switches between four columns (Min Quantity, Max Quantity, Avg Quantity, Confirmed Quantity).

I need a Slicer / Filter that is populated by the field (4 columns, Min Price, Max Price, Avg Price, Confirmed Price), based on the selection in the field parameter. 

So e.g, if i were to select "Min Quantity" in my Field Parameter, the slicer would contain the "Min Price" column and so forth. 

I have looked into combining IF() and SWITCH(), but the Slicer won't accept the measures i have created as valid. 

All help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Andreas

6 REPLIES 6
KWYew
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,
I had the same problem, and found a solution online.
Check out this video:
https://youtu.be/nWgPynP9XDM?t=169

In case the link doesn't work, below some brief description:

1) Duplicate the field parameter slicer

2) Select the duplicated slicer, from the visualisation panel "Field" Section, drop down and select "Show values of selected field"

Kougo
Regular Visitor

Hi Andreas,
I've come across your post as I'm trying to do exactly the same thing...!  If you figured it out in the end, please could you share what you did?  Thanks 🤞 

Hi @Kougo 

Unfortunately, as far i could investigate, this is not possible. I used a combination of field parameters and bookmarks. 

Ah, pity.  Thanks for replying so quickly anyway 🙂

AndreasGjNi
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

Yes, this is precisely what i'm trying to solve.

BR,
Andreas

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndreasGjNi,

You mean you want the items in Slicers or Filters pane will dynamically change according to the selection of your Field parameter?

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors