Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sheref_Morad
Frequent Visitor

Divide Function

I am trying to create a calculated column in the customer table for predicted customer incomes using the divide Function and gives me a Blank column, although the formula is correct Screenshot Power Bi.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sheref_Morad 
Here is your fil with the solution https://www.dropbox.com/t/CChylr4UPd28RtxH
Measures are automatically wrapped with CALCULATE which forces context transition. On the other hand using the formulas directly will be extremely complicated. Therefore, use can do the following:

Predicted Income = 
    Divide (  
        RELATED ( 'Regression Table'[y] ) - CALCULATE ( [b], ALL ( 'Regression Table' ) ), 
        CALCULATE ( [m], ALL ( 'Regression Table' ) )
    )

This shall solve your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mem

Hello, I have the same problem. Even though I placed the correct formula the values are wrong.Screenshot 78.png

johnt75
Super User
Super User

Adding columns to the customer table which simply calculate [b] and [m] both return blank results, hence the blank result in your divide formula. You can use CALCULATE( [b], REMOVEFILTERS('Customer List')), which returns a value, but without a deep understanding of your model I don't know if there are only specific columns on Customer List which should have filters removed, or if there are other filters on other tables which should be removed.

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sheref_Morad 

I guess you have One to One relationship between the customer table and the regression table. In this case I think you've missed to wrap column [b] and column [m] with RELATED function. 

Hi tamer
thank you for answering, the problem is still the same M the other thing is  m and b are measures not columns
Here the power Bi file I hope you yook take a look at it , specially the customer table and the regression table
https://bit.ly/3pzNo5r 

@Sheref_Morad 
Here is your fil with the solution https://www.dropbox.com/t/CChylr4UPd28RtxH
Measures are automatically wrapped with CALCULATE which forces context transition. On the other hand using the formulas directly will be extremely complicated. Therefore, use can do the following:

Predicted Income = 
    Divide (  
        RELATED ( 'Regression Table'[y] ) - CALCULATE ( [b], ALL ( 'Regression Table' ) ), 
        CALCULATE ( [m], ALL ( 'Regression Table' ) )
    )

This shall solve your problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors