Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Khang
Frequent Visitor

Display % in Matrix visual with decimal number formatting - within multiple filtered contexts v2

Hello DAXperts,

I have posted a similar issue before here and that was resolved perfectly.

This one is a different problem as I have different formulas in different contexts.

I have a matrix visual showing data from a "MainData" table.
I have been able to display % numbers for selected rows with a decimal formatted matrix.

This works for the single monthly columns (measures), but does not work for the Full Year (custom measure called "Total"), and also does not work for the corresponding "Budget" full year total (also a custom measure).

I want these two columns/measures ("Total" and "Budget") to show % values at selected rows consistent with the other columns in the matrix.

Currently, the decimals also looks to be incorrect. Ideally, the Gross Profit % or any percentages should be divided by Revenue like the other columns.
Ie.
Gross Profit % = Gross Profit / Revenue
Earnings Before Tax % = Earnings Before Tax / Revenue

Please see below image & attached PBIX file.
Any suggestions or workarounds much appreciated.

GP Percentage FY.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Khang
Frequent Visitor

I was able to resolve this, thanks for all the replies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khang 

I think this is very similar to 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dax-CALCULATION-ISSUE/m-p/2484640#M68160

please let me know if you need any further help. 

Khang
Frequent Visitor

Hi @tamerj1,

I had a look at the example you posted, unfortunately it is similar but not the same.

If you look at my PBIX file linked above, and refer more so to the first half of the post, it points out that I was able to achieve the % formatting for other columns, but not on the Total & Budget columns specifically. (ie. solution in column 1-12 is different to a solution required in column 13 and different again in column 14.

The two columns (measures) are within several layers of filter contexts and behaves differently to the other columns in the same table.

Please have a look and let me know your suggestions/solutions.

Thanks for your help on this.

Khang
Frequent Visitor

I was able to resolve this, thanks for all the replies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors