Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garyhumphreys
Regular Visitor

Difference with Measure and column Dax calculations

Hi, 

I hope this hasn't already been asked - I did look for it but couldn't find anything 

I have a measure and a calculated column, both have the formula: "LastFriday = Today() - Weekday(Today(),1)"

However they return different values. as of today of testing (30/05/2022), 

The measure returns 27/05/22 , which is the date I want

The Column returns 28/05/22 Which is annoying.

Is this a known issue? or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
garyhumphreys
Regular Visitor

@Whitewater100 , @amitchandak 

Thank you both for your replies, after knowing which date others got it helped me narrow down the problem.

When I viewed my Visual in "Visual Table" It showed as the 28th, but the display was wrong. (image 1). So i displayed the date on a Card Visual and it shows the 28th!

The Enlighten Data Story Visual I am using is what was causing the display error giving me the 27th! (image2)

Thank you both for the help on this!

Image 1

Different Values.JPG

Image 2

The Answer.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
garyhumphreys
Regular Visitor

@Whitewater100 , @amitchandak 

Thank you both for your replies, after knowing which date others got it helped me narrow down the problem.

When I viewed my Visual in "Visual Table" It showed as the 28th, but the display was wrong. (image 1). So i displayed the date on a Card Visual and it shows the 28th!

The Enlighten Data Story Visual I am using is what was causing the display error giving me the 27th! (image2)

Thank you both for the help on this!

Image 1

Different Values.JPG

Image 2

The Answer.JPG

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

Could it be that you need to have yourDate Table marked as date table? Please see attached model set up and comparisons?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FHi3tAapY2C4kVb_hc25oreQmUnFi27m/view?usp=sharing 

Whitewater100_0-1653915456893.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@garyhumphreys , I am getting 28th for both

measure

amitchandak_0-1653910438262.png

amitchandak_1-1653910535942.png

Hi amitchandak

Thanks for your response, Im not exactly sure why mine is showing as it does, when I use the Formula in a measure it gives me a Time value of 23:00. I'm sure this is why I'm getting a different date but I'm unsure as to what is controling this seeing as I use the same formula. 

As a column: 

Column.JPG

As a measure:

Measure.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors