Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aymen_Soussi
Frequent Visitor

Difference between 2 mesures in only month 9 every year

Hello guys,

I need to create a dax formula that calculate the difference between 2 mesures in month 9 of every year.

I used this formulat:

Geplaned-Actuals-difference = CALCULATE(Abfrage1[Geplant],MONTH(Abfrage1[fiscaldate])=9)-CALCULATE(Abfrage1[Actuals(k)],MONTH(Abfrage1[fiscaldate])=9)

and it didnt give me a logical result. what should I change ?  

dax.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Aymen_Soussi , a measure like this with help from date table

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year]) && 'Date'[Month] = 9))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1 && 'Date'[Month] = 9 ))

@amitchandak I tired my formula with an other files containing simple data and it gives me logical result. The problem that I faced in this case is that when I do filters on date the values of the original mesures ( ['Geplant'] and ['Aktuals(K)'] ) that I'm using to calculate the result are changing. Is there any workaround to bypass this issue or I need first to work on the ['Geplant'] and ['Aktuals(K)'] to make their result stable even when I do date filters? Is a mesure considerated to be valid if give me the wanted result even if filter make it given different result ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors