Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI_Curious
Frequent Visitor

Dax

I need to replicate a forumula in Excel which displays a ratio, being a sum of values based on certain criteria (in this case the number of items that failed in the Outcome column of a table) then effectively joins the result using &"/"& to the sum of all values in the same column.  So result in this case is not presented as a percentage (which would be rather more straightforward!) but e.g. 16/3,609.  This is the preferred presentation for the user as I suppose it provides more context than .44% necessarily would.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can do the same in DAX using the FORMAT function to convert numbers to whatever format you'd like.

Ratio = FORMAT ( [Numerator], "#,##0" ) & "/" & FORMAT ( [Denominator], "#,##0" )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can do the same in DAX using the FORMAT function to convert numbers to whatever format you'd like.

Ratio = FORMAT ( [Numerator], "#,##0" ) & "/" & FORMAT ( [Denominator], "#,##0" )

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PBI_Curious 

Use:

New measure =
VAR _Result = FORMAT([measure1], "Standard")  & "/" &  FORMAT([measure2], "Standard")
RETURN
SWITCH(TRUE(),

ISBLANK([measure1], BLANK(),
[measure1] = 0, BLANK(),

ISBLANK([measure2], BLANK(),
[measure2] = 0, BLANK(),
_Result)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors