Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

_Regina
Helper I
Helper I

Dax measure taking up too much time/memory/resources

Hi All,

so I have these tables  
Account table
Account Number
Client id

date opened

Issue table
Account Number
Date received
 They are connected via account number one to many. The issue tablke has around 10K records and accounts table has around 600K records. Ofcourse the total dataset has many other tables.
I am trying to create a matrix visual where I want Client ID and number of acc they opened after first date received. One client can have mutiple accounts. I build the measure below
but it takes up too much time and eventually I have to cancel the operation. It sucks up all the memory/disk on my machine. I am really stuck and would appreciate any guidance.

Number of Acc Opened after tag on =
var _date_rec= CALCULATE(min('Issue'[Date Received]))
return
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(account[Account Number]),account[Date Opened]>_date_rec)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I made changes to the issue table , added client id to the issue table and then joined issue table to client table in the dataset and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

I made changes to the issue table , added client id to the issue table and then joined issue table to client table in the dataset and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

That's a pretty small dataset. I would have written that measure like this, but I would not have expected your version to have memory issues. Do you have another path between these two tables in your model (i.e., ambiguity)? Any bi-directional relationships? I'm assuming you the Accounts table is the 1 side, and that you are using the Client ID column from that table in your visual.

VAR _date_rec =
    MIN ( 'Issue'[Date Received] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( account[Account Number] ),
        account[Date Opened] > _date_rec
    )

Pat

Microsoft Employee

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@_Regina , try with this small chnage

var _date_rec= CALCULATE(min('Issue'[Date Received]))
return
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(account[Account Number]),filter(account, account[Date Opened]>_date_rec) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors