Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dax formular which include all job ledger entry based on a finished date

HI

I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to make a profitabillity analysis of jobs/projects with data from dynamics NAV: 

Melgaardiversen_1-1594632834423.png

I have a year slicer (Dimdate table), but the sale amounts and cost amounts of a job must first be included in the report, when the finished date is in the year, we have sliced to. Example: we have a job/project which streches over a 2 year period (som costs and sales are posted in 2018 and some cost and sales are posted in 2019), and the finished date (DimJob table) is in 2019 and therefor should all the job/projects cost and sales (2018 and 2019) be shown, when I slice to year 2019. 

I have tried : 

Melgaardiversen_2-1594637320022.png

Afsluttet dato = finished date
Kostbeløb = cost amount

I can't find the dates when I just use "IF", therefor I need MAX?? 

I have made a new coloumn in data, where i have lookupvalue on finished date from dimjob table to factjob table. 

I appreciate this community and hope someone can help me!

Best regards

Rune

6 REPLIES 6
foomanschu13
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you utilize a contract to date or inception to date formula? This would remove the filter context and introduce one that does not factor in the year slicer.  The visual could still be filtered by the finish date.  

CALCULATE([Costs],FILTER(ALL('Date'[Date]),'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date])))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx, it worked (y)

BR

Rune

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wonder what you would like to see if you slice by one month, say, 2019-Jun. As it stands right now, it's not completely clear what you want the calculation to return under at least some conditions. I suspect you'd like something like a "running total" for any one project... but that's a guess only.

Bset
D
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will not slice bye month, only year. I want the dax to includ all the costs and sales if the project has a finished date between 01-01-2020 and 31-12-2020. Some of the cost can be posted the year before and must be included when the projects finished date is in sliced year.

AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

first remove the dates from the MAX function and move them outside MAX example MAX () <= Dates and then remove the CALCULATE before MAX, that's not doing anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but now the dax function return 0 for every job, so it do not solve it all.

Bogføringsdato = Posting date

Melgaardiversen_0-1594640979806.png

Melgaardiversen_1-1594641002377.png

Best regards 

Rune Iversen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors