Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BA1503
Frequent Visitor

Dax calculate max value, date, first text, based on criteria matching from 2 different tables

Hi,

I have two tables joined together with a many-to-many relationship with both as cross filter direction selected.

Table 1 - is a transaction table which shows all the exams and results a student has sat (1 student can sit many exams, therefore a row per exam sat)

Table 2 - is the management of these students and monitoring their activity/ engagement (not able to have this data in Table 1, manual data capture)

The tables have a common field (Student ID), and the relationship as mentioned above is many-to-many.

1.PNGCapture.PNG

What I would like to show is the information in the table, illustrated in a matrix format (above) as a timeline. So, in the matrix you would see a student sit an assessment(column), with the grade and date sat in the values. 

Is this achievable? 

Any help would be useful.

Thanks

AD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BA1503
Frequent Visitor

This issue is resolved now, I created a view in SQL based on the tables and structured it so that I can report as I want it to in power Bi.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BA1503
Frequent Visitor

This issue is resolved now, I created a view in SQL based on the tables and structured it so that I can report as I want it to in power Bi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a link to an example file, please. Thanks.

Best
Darek

Anonymous
Not applicable

This link DOES NOT WORK. I don't have permissions to view it. I'd suggest you place the .pbix file on OneDrive/GoogleDrive and give us the link. Don't forget to set the permissions correctly.

Best
Darek

Hi Darek,

Apologies can you try the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhVTCwiTLC1Oexw8ZyOrGN0b8sG8KKQZ/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

A

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors