Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tatenda24
Frequent Visitor

Date slicer not working (IF value exists on calendar date)

Hi everyone, i need help editing  or creating a new measure that evaluates whether a value in on table exists at a particular date within the calender table .

I am working with Two tables, on main table that has a customer and a purchase date. The second table is just a table showing the daily calendar dates. 

the outcome wanted is to evaluate whether a purchase was made by a customer at a certain date on the daily calender.(True,false). and also include their "purchase point" (person which they purchased from). 

biggest problem:
I have implimented a measure to do the above, however when place the measure into a visualization, my date slicer seems to fail in slicing the visualization by date .

the measure is as follows:

measure = 

var _cust = MAX(purchase table[customer])
var _date = MAX('calendar table'[Date])
var _temp = CROSSJOIN(SELECTCOLUMNS({_cust},"cust",[Value]),SELECTCOLUMNS({_date},"dt",[Value]))
var _date2 = CALCULATE(MAX(purchase table [purchse_date]),TREATAS(_temp,t1[customer], purchase table [purchse_date]))

return IF(_date2=BLANK(),"false","true")

the relatioinship:

model.PNG
the tables are as shown below :

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.35.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.30.47 AM.png

The resulting visualization table  :

this is the table i show in the final visualisation 

the measure used in this resulting table is:

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.44.14 AM.png

Help needed

If anyone could assist me with writing a measure that could  make my requirements work so that my date slicer can work with my resulting table id really appreciate it  suggestions are welcome:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tatenda24 

Maybe you can try the following methods.

Measure:

Measure =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Purchase[purchase_date] ) <> SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date] ),
)

Put Measure in Filters and set it equal to 1.

vzhangti_0-1643007403384.png

The date slicer works as shown in the figure.

vzhangti_1-1643007458696.png

If the method I provided above can't solve your problem, what's your expected result? Could you please provide more details for it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tatenda24 

Maybe you can try the following methods.

Measure:

Measure =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Purchase[purchase_date] ) <> SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date] ),
)

Put Measure in Filters and set it equal to 1.

vzhangti_0-1643007403384.png

The date slicer works as shown in the figure.

vzhangti_1-1643007458696.png

If the method I provided above can't solve your problem, what's your expected result? Could you please provide more details for it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Perhaps this kind of approach would work for you:

Test data:

ValtteriN_0-1642616470645.png

Here I try to find out if a company has made a pruchase (if there is "Created at" date).

DAX:

Test For Purchase = IF(
countrows(filter(Deals,MAX('Calendar'[Date])=Deals[Created at]))>=1,
TRUE(),FALSE())
End result:
ValtteriN_1-1642616552154.png

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors