Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedroluccas
Frequent Visitor

DYNAMIC INDEX WITH RANKX - SLICERS

Hello!

I am working with a data series that relates a "result" (pH, mass, etc) to "sample code" and, in order to calculate my intersect, slope and R² I need an index starting with 1

But when I filter my data, I need that the first sample be reenumerated to 1. Ex: 

- First analysis: Sample 1 to 20 (1 = 1,  2 = 2, 3 = 3, ..., 20 samples)

- Second analysis: Sample 8 to 16 (8 = 1, 9 = 2, 10 = 3, ..., 16 = 9). For this I suppose ALLSELECTED is needed

pedroluccas_1-1665086064292.png

I need all the samples ranked by date (ascending), and, if a date repeats for a distinct sample, it's still ranked as a different number (Ex: B2AA/22 and B3AA/22) were analysed the same day, but are different samples, so B2AA/22 = 1 and B3AA/22 = 2)

The same way I want select samples of annother product, ex: B1AA/22 - B12AA/22, and, when I change the products the index restart with 1.

Is there a way to rank them in a way that every sample has a different number, in ascending order, according to date and that restarts the count with my slicers selection?

I tried:

rank =
RANKX(
    ALLSELECTED(Plan1[DATE]),
    CALCULATE(
       MIN(Plan1[DATE])),,ASC,Dense)
-------------------------------------------
But, the rank just repeats the same number...

I expalin with more details of the statistics on DAX on LINEAR REGRESSION - X-AXIS IN TEXT FORMAT - Microsoft Power BI Community

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pedroluccas 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> Is there a way to rank them in a way that every sample has a different number, in ascending order, according to date and that restarts the count with my slicers selection?

could you share a sample .pbix file that fully covers your question, including the slicers. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-xiaotang

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7qID-TgUBzum14X1WRQXmZn-VYmyc4Z/view?usp=sharing 

I attached a Drive link since I am not able to upload a .pbix file (seems that new users have restrictions)

Thank You

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors