Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

funlova-
Frequent Visitor

DAX query to filter out unmatched values in two columns

Please see below the context of the question and the screenshot attached.

Overview
Before and after a coaching program, clients would fill an assessment/survey

definition of the attributes
Assessment id- is the unique id for a client
Assessment Phase: Initial - assessment before the program,  Final - assessment after the program
Year/month: when the assessment was done
Self Answered initial : a measure that displays 1 if a client filled the initial survey
Self Answered Final: a measure that displays 1 if a client filled the final survey.

**The goal is to be able to filter only the clients that filled both surveys. E.g. The first allowance id- FFE1E8B3-86AC-4D1D-B31B-2CD6C51F22C9 filled both the initial and final survey. **

However some clients like FFB55230-DE36-4430-90F5-C20B53CA8724 have only completed the initial survey.(they should be filtered out)

Can anyone help provide the right functions to solve this problem. I am a newbie Power BI user😊

Thanks for your help.

PBI Screenshot.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Megha166
Employee
Employee

Since you are new user, I would suggest a simple solution of putting filter on these measures in filter pane on Power BI Desktop. Put both filter conditions as below:

Self Answered initial=1

Self Answered final=1

Megha166_0-1620452257857.png

Or you can create a third measure as below:

MeasureFIlterCustomer= IF(Self Answered initial=1 AND Self Answered final = 1, 1, 0)

Now put above measure in filter pane.

Let me know if you need any help. Mark this reply as solution if it answers your question.

Thank Megha166 for your response. 

I created a measure 

Filtercheck = IF(AND(ProdProgressTrackerAnswers[# Self Answered Initial] =1,ProdProgressTrackerAnswers[# Self Answered Final] =1), "1", "0") but when I added it to Fields, all the rows were filtered as 0 and the IDs were duplicated. I think maybe select MAX Id would help with the duplication issue. I have attached a screen shot.PBI2.PNG

Hi @Megha166 ,

Thank you for your response. I have added two screenshot below.

In the first table, #self answered is the count of people who filled the initial survey.

In the second table,  #self answered is the count of people who filled the final survey.

I will like to see only the people that filled both the initial and final survey. This will help me to see the unique average score for the respondents. Currently, it is biased towards the final phase because we have more respondents in the intial phase

funlova-_3-1621169479886.png

funlova-_4-1621169517099.png

Which DAX function can I use to solve this problem?

Thank you.

I see IDs are not duplicated. I need to understand your data in detail why IDs are getting duplicated. Can you attach the data in excel file here?

rfigtree
Resolver III
Resolver III

Countrows(filter(table,[selffinalnswer]=1))

On phone cant type well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors