Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mochabits
Helper II
Helper II

DAX measure to ignore page filters

The PBIX file is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14OfA6BXKvqijBZbSw_OoU9Os0s9o7Yur/view?usp=sharing 

Two tables in the report: Score and Employee. Both are linked with "employee key". The page has two page level filters on employee's "position title" and "Employee Status Reason Desc".

I want the DAX - "score_measure" to ignore the page filters to produce the result like the table at the bottom. I've tried ALL and FILTER ALL on either or both tables, but can't get the correct result. Please help and thanks for your time.

score_measure = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Score[Score]), ALL(Employee[Position Title], Employee[Employee Status Reason Desc]) )

Full Name

Score

A1

A2

A3

A4

A5

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mochabits 

No, there is NO WAY to ignore page level filters through DAX. Sorry. You're a bit out of luck here. What you can do is create visual level filters where you need to and not use a page level filter at all on the page in question. Page level filters affect all visuals on the page and there is absolutely no way DAX can reach beyond such a filter.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mochabits , I doubt you can ignore page level filter.

But still, try like

score_measure = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Score[Score]), ALL(Employee) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors